AS FEATURED IN:
Responsible for thousands of deaths every day and billions of dollars in expenses every year, car accidents are a global epidemic.
These car accident statistics are just the beginning. We reveal a lot about U.S. and global automobile accident stats.
In this report, we cover:
- Key car accident statistics
- How many people die in car accidents
- Distracted driving and texting stats
- Demographics of drivers involved in crashes
- Costs of auto accidents
- Percentage chance of getting into an accident
- The places were more accidents occur
Key Car Accident Statistics in 2020
Here are three answers to the biggest questions we've seen around car crash statistics:
How Many Car Accidents Are There Per Year?
Every year, there are approximately 6 million car accidents in the US alone.
How Many Car Accidents Per Day?
On average, there are 16,438 car crashes per day in the US.
How Many Car Accident Deaths Are There Per Year?
Nearly 1.25 million people die in road crashes each year. On average, that's 3,287 deaths a day. An additional 20-50 million are injured or disabled.
Annual Global Road Accident Statistics
Auto accidents are a global epidemic, not refined to the U.S.. Here are the most important road crash statistics across the globe:
Annual United States Car Crash Statistics
This section of the report covers all the studies and statistics related to car accidents and car deaths per year within the United States.
General Auto Accident Stats
This section will discuss general statisctis, facts and trends in the auto industry:
- Safer America
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Safety Resource Center
- Popular Mechanics
- U.S. News
- Green Car Congress
- Governors Highway Safety Association
- Federal Highway Administration
- The Journal of Pediatrics
- When to Find a Lawyer After a Car Accident
- World Health Organization
- World Atlas
- European Commission