If you’re looking to spruce up your RV outdoor space (and have already updated your RV awning), an outdoor rug might be the answer!
RV rugs (also known as RV patio mats) can make your rig seem more welcoming and, bonus, will keep dirt and sand out of your RV! They also act as a makeshift porch in a way.
In this post we’ll go over why you should purchase an outdoor rug, how to choose the perfect outdoor mat, and the top 10 to choose from.
Let’s dive in!
Table of Contents
- Why Buy an RV Outdoor Rug?
- The 10 Best RV Outdoor Rugs
- How to Choose the Perfect RV Patio Mats
- Other Cool RV Accessories
Why Buy an RV Outdoor Rug?
Camping rugs make your living space look nice, but also keep dirt and sand out of your RV.
If you bring your kids camping with you, it provides a safe, soft, and relatively dirt-free place to play. Camping rugs come in different sizes, shapes, patterns, and some are reversible!
The 10 Best RV Outdoor Rugs
Without further ado, let’s get into the top 10 RV outdoor rugs on the market today!
1. RVGUARD RV Outdoor Rug
RVGUARD RV Outdoor Rug
- 9’ X 12’ RV outdoor rug
- Made by 100% polypropylene
- Designed with 4 corner loops and comes with 4 stakes
This RV outdoor mat is made with 100% polypropylene, which means that cleaning will be a breeze! Not only that, but this mat is breathable, is comfortable, and the lightweight material won’t damage grass.
2. SAND MINE Reversible Mats
SAND MINE Reversible Mats
- Comes in four sizes: 4′ x 6′, 5′ x 8′, 9′ x 12′, 9′ x 18
- Breathable material will not hurt grass
- Soft and durable, low-maintenance
This plastic reversible mat is breathable, has a heat treated edge that’s designed to avoid fraying, can be folded into a compact size for easy storage, and has UV protection to avoid sun damage.
3. Ming’s Mark Stylish RV Outdoor Mat
Ming’s Mark Stylish RV Outdoor Mat
- Comes in three sizes: 6′ x 9′, 8′ x 20′, 9′ x 12′
- UV coated to protect against fading and other sun damage
- Easy to clean and dries quickly
This reversible mat is made with high-quality virgin polypropylene as well as recycled materials to protect the environment. It has corner loops that can be staked into place and the quality (and durability) of this outdoor mat go beyond all expectations!
4. Stylish Camping Outdoor RV Reversible Mat
Stylish Camping Outdoor RV Reversible Mat
- Made with soft and durable virgin polypropylene material
- Easy to clean and dries quickly
- Folds for easy storage into included carrying bag
This RV outdoor mat is easy to transport, mildew resistant, has corner loops that can be staked into place, and is UV coated to protect against sun damage. While it is reversible, keep in mind that the text will be backwards when you flip it!
It makes us feel like this mat was originally designed to be facing one way, even though it’s reversible. A slight design flaw, but apart from that, this is a great RV or patio mat!
5. Fab Habitat Outdoor Rug
Fab Habitat Outdoor Rug
- Comes in three size: 4′ x 6′, 5′ x 8′, 6′ x 9′
- Stain resistant, waterproof, and easy to clean with a hose
- Rugs are rolled without folds or creases for an elegant look
This RV outdoor mat is perfect for the outdoors! It doesn’t absorb moisture, it’s stain resistant, and incredibly easy to clean with a hose! The soft design is great for children to play on and it comes with a GoodWeave certification which means their rugs are child-labor free.
6. CGEAR RV Outdoor Mat
CGEAR RV Outdoor Mat
- Unique sand-free weave as the bottom layer which allows wind, soil, grit, and sunlight to whisk through
- Packs neatly in a sturdy carrying tote for convenient transport
- Lightweight & luxurious comfort pad
This is one of the only sand-free RV mats on the market today made with military-grade technology. The CGEAR mat was originally used for desert military helicopters to land on, meaning ultra-durability is at the core of the design. It’s one of the best reversible mats you could get and comes in many different sizes.
7. Camco Outdoor RV Mat
Camco Outdoor RV Mat
- Made from lightweight, breathable material that will not trap rain or snow
- UV-coated for long life
- Cleans easily with soap and water
Camco Outdoor mats are made with a high-quality mold and mildew resistant material and can easily be cleaned. It’s a lightweight, durable mat that folds quickly (meaning you can store it in even the tightest spots).
8. EZ Travel Mat
EZ Travel Mat
- Made with a 100% polypropylene plastic weaving
- Two mats in one, the dual sides allow you to change the look of any space to your liking
- Reinforced looped grommets on each corner, this rug stays right where you want it
The EZ Travel Mat comes with a storage bag, includes pockets for stakes, and has UV protection to prevent fading. Whether you put your camping chairs on the patio mat or use it as a children’s play area, this outdoor RV rug could be the perfect addition for you!
9. AdvenGO Reversi Mat
AdvenGO Reversi Mat
- Mat folds up easily and goes effortlessly into the bag for easy carrying and storage utilization
- One side displays a traditional, Moroccan-inspired, dark brown pattern but you can flip it to reveal the same pattern, only in a light beige
- Rug is designed for all climates
The Reversi mat is 2 inches thick, comes with a nylon storage bag, and only weighs 4 lbs. It’s also waterproof, UV protected, it’s designed to withstand all climates. You’re able to stake this mat into the ground thanks to its corner loops and the breathable material doesn’t harm grass.
10. FH Home Outdoor Rug
FH Home Outdoor Rug
- This durable outdoor rug doesn’t absorb moisture, is stain resistant, and easy to clean with a hose
- Safe to use with pets and kids as a playroom rug
- Just shake or hose off for easy minimal cleaning
Not only is this outdoor mat hand-crafted, it’s an earth-conscious rug made with recycled quality polypropylene. Along with that, it has corner loops, comes in different sizes, colors, and patterns, and is stain resistant.
How to Choose the Perfect RV Patio Mats
An outdoor rug should be easy to clean, durable, premium quality, and easy to store. To keep your outdoor rug in the best quality, follow the tips below.
It’s best if you can find an RV outdoor rug that can endure any weather.
Finding one that is mold and mildew resistant, has UV protection, is stain resistant, has long lasting colors, and reinforced edges to prevent fraying would be best.
When looking for an RV outdoor rug, you’ll want to find something that has UV protection.This will help keep the color schemes vibrant (meaning you don’t have to worry too much about fading).
Keep in mind, however, that sun damage will eventually alter the colors after a while – with UV protection, it’ll fade slower. A UV protected outdoor mat will also prevent any grass damage!
Apart from that, make sure you get a mold and mildew resistant mat. While you can try to shield outdoor mats from sun damage by using your awning, you can’t do too much when it comes to rain, mud, and heavy foot traffic.
Ease of Cleaning
Your RV outdoor rug needs to be easy to clean! We’re not just talking a quick sweep – you need to be able to wash it with ease.
Apart from sun damage, mold, and mildew there’s going to be a lot of foot traffic (and potentially spills). Being able to sweep, wash, and dry your outdoor mat with ease is your best bet.
Because RVs have limited space already, you want an outdoor rug that’s thin, flexible, and able to fit into small spaces. Some outdoor mats come with a storage bag already, all you’ll have to do is clean the dirt off your mat, roll it up, and store it!
Other Cool RV Accessories
Out of all the RV outdoor rugs we’ve shared, we hope you’re able to find one that fits your needs perfectly!
Let us know in the comments below what your favorite RV outdoor rug is.
Looking for more RV accessories? Check out the following posts: