There’s something special about a quote. The best quotes have the power to inspire one to action or to see a different viewpoint. On occasion, a really powerful quote seen at the right time is capable of instilling a feeling of awe, wonder, and excitement in your gut like nothing else can.
Actually, there isn’t a word in the English language that can describe that feeling of in-the-moment wonder you feel from a great quote seen or heard at the exact right time.
I love quotes for this reason. My favorite quote is one by Buddha:
“If you light a lamp for someone else, your own path will also brighten.”
I’ve used that quote in my email signature for years, and I’ve had many people tell me they love it. It’s a great way to start a conversation.
My hope is to provide you with one of those powerful quotes, hopefully at the right time, so you might get that elusive feeling of amazement I’m trying to describe. And, maybe, to light your path so that mine, too, may brighten.
1. “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
[bctt tweet=”“Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta” username=”thewanderingrv”]
2. “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” – Tim Cahill
3. “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
4. “Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all of one’s lifetime.” – Mark Twain
5. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” – Mark Twain
6. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” – Anonymous
[bctt tweet=”“Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” – Anonymous” username=”thewanderingrv”]
7. “To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.” – Bill Bryson
8. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” – Helen Keller
[bctt tweet=”“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” – Helen Keller” username=”thewanderingrv”]
9. “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” – Henry Miller
And, finally, one of my personal favorites:
10. “Every man can transform the world from one of monotony and drabness to one of excitement and adventure.” – Irving Wallace
It doesn’t matter how young or old you are, where you’re at in life, how much you make or how educated you are. You can travel and experience the world at any stage in life.
And I guarantee you’ll be better off for it.
READ NEXT: 20 Nomads Share Their RV Living Journey
Now it’s your turn. What are your favorite quotes? Let us know in the comments!
Join The Wandering Newsletter!
Subscribe to get RVing tips, tricks, and updates as soon as they're released.