Wondering about wandering in an RV? In our first ever Snapchat Q&A we answer 10 questions from our readers about the fulltime RVing lifestyle.
(Be sure to add us on Snapchat so you can see our snaps live next time and follow our adventures!)
The questions are:
1. What do you do while work camping? Is it just cleaning, or do you handle canoes and stuff?
Yes, we have to clean. BUT! I mostly drive Bethel Outdoor Adventure’s customers up the river to canoe and kayak back to the campground. Kayla gave the river briefing (watch out for alligators and all that jazz) and gave out lifejackets and canoes. It was fun!
2. How did you become a freelance writer?
I’ve been writing as a hobby since I was able to hold a pencil. I started writing for money by going to upwork.com where I made $25 for 10 hours of work. I loved it. So I went into researching how to do it for more money and found jobs.problogger.net (yes, .net – in the video I said .com – sorry!) More on how we started to come soon!
3. Why did you choose a motorhome over a travel trailer?
We got an awesome deal on it! Otherwise, I think we would go with a travel trailer. It just seems easier to bring a car and has more space.
4. What were your struggles when you hit the road? Did anything you weren’t expecting happen?
Oh God, yes. We forgot our drinking water hose, we had to recaulk our shower, our oven stopped working, and we hit our tow hitch off the ground and bent it as soon as we started. But we still love it!
5. How much do you budget for repairs and gas?
Our gas price is totally variable depending on how much we’re traveling. We might stay in one spot for a month or more at a time. Also, repairs typically won’t cost us anything more than $100 thanks to our insurance. We save a few hundred bucks for gas and unexpected repairs.
6. Do you guys do any boondocking?
We haven’t yet, but we’re going to this week!
7. Is it hard to travel with an animal?
Not really, but we just have a cat. He’s super easy to take care of. You can learn more about Luna here!
8. After having been on the road, besides space what’s the biggest struggle of living in an RV fulltime?
Increasing your RV storage is definitely a struggle. But after that, internet! It can be a pain. Also, at most big campgrounds you don’t get much privacy.
9. If not on plug power, how do you power your rig?
We have a generator! Also, if that’s not running, we can power the rig off of the engine battery for a while without any problem.
We also have some of the best RV accessories you can use with no power.
10. How do you get around if the only transportation you have is a scooter?
Lots of walking and biking. We’ve really enjoyed the scooter, but we’re excited to have four wheels (and extra storage) behind us.
That’s all, folks!
And if you haven’t already, don’t forget to add us on Snapchat!